1. We are again taking all levels of riders, If you are a regular rider then it is highly recommended that you purchase your equipment, to include a riding hat, boots and whip (and also hi viz if you are planning on hacking). Gloves should be worn by all riders, you can purchase these quite cheaply enough from your local saddlers or off the Internet.
Please ensure that you wear long trousers and a top which covers the shoulders (no vest tops) Please tie your hair back and remove jewellery prior to riding and ensure that your clothing and boots are clean.
2. We shall once again be offering ½ hour group lessons for children who are ranging in ability from complete beginners through to walk, trot, off lead rein. These are limited to 30 minutes in length. These lessons are held on Thursdays at 4pm and 4.30pm and on Saturdays at 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm and Sundays at 11am and 2pm and are limited to a maximum of 4 riders in a group. Children will not have to have their own boots and hats, they can use ours as long as they are placed on the Sanitizing table afterwards for us to deal with in the appropriate manner.
1. All bookings & payments MUST go through our booking and payment system, which can be found at https://friarshillridingschool.ecpro.co.uk
Once there, please scroll down to the register part, register by completing your account details, then verify your email (this does sometimes hide in the spam/junk mail folder).
2. Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to login and register riders to your account (please note, you will need to know heights & weights etc.). Complete the rider registration and then submit.
3. We will then verify your rider’s ability and then you will be able to book and pay online, please note that this can take up to 24 hours as we are very busy and aren’t sat near a computer every hour of the day.
4. Bookings must be made with a minimum of 36 hours notice as that is how the system is set up. Please forward plan! Once you have completed this process, please download the EC Pro app onto your smart phone and login using your earlier used details. You can then book lessons or cancel them on your app.
Please note: if you wish to have some help using the app, it is best to send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or to ring 01751 432758 on a Monday or a Thursday when Tracy is in the office.
5. Please note, we CANNOT pencil anyone in for anything as the system will not allow this and we do NOT take cash on the day. Our cancellation policy is 36 hours!!!
6. The timing of hour lessons has slightly altered to allow for staggering, hour lessons will now last for approximately 45 minutes to allow us time to changeover and clean and sanitise between customers.
7. Only one (1) spectator/guardian will be allowed per household, i.e. If you have 2 children riding then only 1 adult may accompany them onto the premises, any others will have to wait in the vehicle. This is non – negotiable!!! Please do not bring along brothers and sisters of the rider unless you plan to sit in your vehicle with them.
Please do not make this a family outing, no matter how much Grandma or Grandad wants to watch your little one ride.
We are trying to keep the numbers of people down on this yard, therefore extra family members are not permitted.
1. Upon arrival, cars must be parked sensibly in the car park allowing for social distancing. ALL VISITORS MUST sanitize their hands on arrival BEFORE entering the yard. All visitors MUST then sign the Visitor book in BLOCK CAPITALS to allow for traceability (this means the rider and their chauffeur/guardian, e.t.c) Or you can scan the NHS QR code.
2. Go to the left hand side of the blue line and wait there, do not touch anyone or anything. A member of staff will let you know when to enter the schools, this includes the one spectator/parent/guardian that is accompanying the rider. Riders - when you have finished riding, you must then leave the school via the one way system. If you are riding in the Big School your exit gate is at the Letter F, if you are leaving the sand school your exit gate is at letter K – these will take you into the gallery, go through the gallery, collect whomever came with you and take them down the stairs, sanitise your hands upon leaving, sign out and go directly to your car. Do NOT congregate chatting in the car park. Follow the rules we have in place!
3. Strictly no more than one spectator/guardian per household – The Spectator/Guardian should wear sensible footwear as they will be required to walk through the schools to their seating area following our one way system.
4. If any more than one person accompanies the rider, they will need to stay in their vehicle in the car park. The spectator must be seated in the designated area in the viewing gallery, not on the yard. Clean your seating area on arrival with the products available and clean again upon departing – please observe the one way system we have in place.
5. Please be pleasant, courteous, nice, kind and polite and smile - we are trying our best!
6. If you do not wish to adhere to the above, or you don’t adhere to above during your visit you will be asked to leave with immediate effect.
7. Please note: there are no refreshment facilities available here, so please bring your own should you require them and take your rubbish home with you. Toilet facilities are available, please follow the information on the signs in there.